VOLUNTEER & VACANCIES
Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
We are currently recruiting for an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor. For full details please see the job description and vacancy notce below. Closing date for applications is mid day on 11th July 2018.
Support us by volunteering!
As a registered charity we rely on volunteers to support our work. We have about 70 volunteers in different roles at the moment. Without our wonderful volunteers we simply wouldn't survive!
If you only have a little free time or expertise there are many ways that you can still assist us without having to make a regular commitment. Just let us know what you can offer. Every little bit really helps!
All volunteers will either receive training in advance, or on the job with an experienced volunteer.
VOLUNTEER COUNSELLORS - based at Guildford and Leatherhead Hubs
Counsellor vacancies April 2017.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [618.4 KB]
NEW TRAINING PROGRAMME
A new Helpline Training programmes is starting on 7th October 2018. If you can commit to one shift every two weeks we would love to hear from you.
Volunteers are provided with extensive training and are supported by regular supervision and ongoing training. No previous experience or qualifications are necessary.
- a good listener
- a clear speaker
Commitment - You must be able to:
- Volunteer for one shift per fortnight with each shift lasting 2½ hours (7.15pm-9.45pm).
- Attend a group clinical supervision evening (7pm - 9pm) on the 2nd Tuesday evening of every month (not August).
- Given the significant amount of training, a time committment of at least 18 months is mutually beneficial
- Please note this volunteer opportunity is not suitable for University students who are only available in Guildford term time.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to be involved in, then please email Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack and further details of our training programme.
We look forward to hearing from you.
You can also take a look through the Role Description below, or listen to the Helpline Podcast. Please also feel free to phone the team on 01483 568000.
Listen to a short recording of helpline volunteers answering a call (the caller is an actor) and listen to other RASASC volunteers and staff talking about the Helpline.
RASASC Helpline podcast1.mp3
MP3 audio file [11.3 MB]
- Events Helpers to stand at our exhibition table
- Collecting Box Volunteers - could you ask a shop or venue in your town to take a box?
- Put posters on noticeboards
Contact Rachel on 01483 568000 or email@example.com for more details and a friendly discussion. We would love to hear from you, we always need good dedicated volunteers. You will need to complete our short application form.