Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 7.30pm-9.30pm
For female and male callers any age
Local 01483 546400 or Freephone 0800 0288 022
- we care,
- we understand,
- we listen,
- we believe,
- we don't judge and we can support you,
- all of our services are confidential,
- you do not have to give your name,
- you might find it hard to talk about your feelings.
Your loved ones might find it difficult to understand what you are going through.
You might be supporting someone and have your own worries.
RASASC helpline volunteers are all female and are specially trained. We generally take calls of around 20 minutes in length, to give as many people as possible a chance to get through. However this will vary according to the needs of each individual caller.
We welcome calls from anyone, female and male.
Anyone who is a survivor of rape or sexual abuse.
Anyone who is a friend, family member or partner of a survivor.
Anyone who has concerns about recent or past rape or sexual abuse.
Anyone who wants information on the following:
- their feelings and emotions
- what to say to a survivor
- police reporting
- Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC)
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
- forensic medical examinations
- where to get sexual infection testing, HIV testing
- where to get pregnancy or contraception advice.
Want to volunteer on the helpline? Click here
We are a registered member of The Helplines Association a national organisation that assists UK voluntary and statutory non-profit helplines to achieve the highest quality response to all those seeking information, advice and help on health, social welfare or educational issues via the telephone.